How do I add variants to a menu item?
After logging in to the Tuli Admin Portal you can easily add a new variant to an item by following the steps or video guide below.
Note: In order to add a variant to an item you need to first create an item. Follow the steps here to create a menu item.
- On the left sidebar menu, click on "Restaurants" and then "List" to display the list of restaurants you control
- Click on the "Menu" button
- Click into the category of the item you want to add a variant to.
- Hover over the newly created item to display the "Show Variants" button and click on the "Show Variants" button to display a smaller "+" symbol.
- Click on the smaller "+" symbol to add the details and price of the variant.
- Add the variant details and pricing and click the green "Save" button. Note: The price of the first variant added will be the price shown to customers in your menu on the app. Additional variant options will be shown and available once the item is selected by a customer.
- You can now see your new item and add additional variants under the selected category by clicking the "+" symbol and repeating steps 2 and 3. Note: Please follow the steps here if you need to delete or make changes to an existing variant and the steps here to delete or make changes to an existing item.
- If the category for the new item is "published" you will be able to see if listed under your restaurant profile on the Tuli app.
Still Need Help?
Click on the blue help icon in the lower right corner of the screen to search for for more answers or to contact us directly via email